May 28, 2020
2018-2019 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Chemistry Major-Applied, Computer Science Emphasis
Requirements for Majors
All chemistry majors must take the Major Field Achievement Test in chemistry prior to graduation. This test is a part of CM 4921 .
B.A. or B.S. degree program
Total hours required: 62-70
Specific courses required:
- CM 1113 - General Chemistry I (3) F, SP, SU
- CM 1123 - General Chemistry II (3) F, SP, SU
- CM 1211 - General Chemistry Laboratory I (1) F, SP, SU
- CM 1221 - General Chemistry Laboratory II (1) F, SP, SU
- CM 2113 - Organic Chemistry I (3) F, SU
- CM 2123 - Organic Chemistry II (3) SP, SU
- CM 2211 - Organic Chemistry Laboratory I (1) F, SU
- CM 2221 - Organic Chemistry Laboratory II (1) SP, SU
- CM 2314 - Analytical Chemistry (4) SP
- CM 3414 - Instrumental Methods of Analysis (4) F
- CM 3613 - Inorganic Chemistry (3) SP Offered on demand
- CM 3621 - Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory (1) SP Offered on demand
- CM 3713 - Introduction to Physical Chemistry (3) F
- CM 4911 - Chemical Literature (1) F
- CM 4921 - Chemical Seminar (1) SP
- CS 1041 - Computer Applications - Math/Science (1) F, SP
- MA 1113 - College Algebra (3) F, SP, SU
- MA 1123 - Trigonometry and Analytic Geometry (3) F, SP, SU
- MA 1314 - Calculus I (4) F, SP, SU
- PH 1214 - Elementary College Physics I (4, 4) F, SU Offered on demand
- PH 1224 - Elementary College Physics II (4, 4) SP, SU Offered on demand
In addition, the student must select an emphasis in one of the subjects below.
These subjects constitute the student’s minor.
Emphasis in Computer Science:
See department chair
Emphasis in other academic areas:
The chemistry department will consider proposals from students who wish to emphasize areas other than those listed above. This will be done in consultation with the academic chair. The area selected must be one which will compliment the student’s academic progress and professional goals.
This program is designed for students who do not plan to do graduate work in chemistry.