Jul 08, 2020
Note: Students seeking teaching endorsement in chemistry should consult the chair of the department of chemistry.
Requirements for Majors
All chemistry majors must take the Major Field Achievement Test in chemistry prior to graduation. This test is a part of CM 4921 .
B.A. or B.S. degree program
General education required of secondary and K-12 teacher education students.*
See the Department of Education section.
Specialized professional education
Subject matter specialization
- BY 1003 - Foundations of Biology (3) F, SP, SU
- BY 3712 - Conservation of Natural Resources (2) F, SP, SU and
- BY 2213 - Introductory Human Anatomy and Physiology (3) SP, SU
- CM 1113 - General Chemistry I (3) F, SP, SU
- CM 1123 - General Chemistry II (3) F, SP, SU
- CM 1211 - General Chemistry Laboratory I (1) F, SP, SU
- CM 1221 - General Chemistry Laboratory II (1) F, SP, SU
- CM 2113 - Organic Chemistry I (3) F, SU
- CM 2123 - Organic Chemistry II (3) SP, SU
- CM 2211 - Organic Chemistry Laboratory I (1) F, SU
- CM 2221 - Organic Chemistry Laboratory II (1) SP, SU
- CM 2314 - Analytical Chemistry (4) SP
- CM 3414 - Instrumental Methods of Analysis (4) F
- CM 3613 - Inorganic Chemistry (3) SP Offered on demand
- CM 3713 - Introduction to Physical Chemistry (3) F
- CM 4911 - Chemical Literature (1) F
- CM 4921 - Chemical Seminar (1) SP
- CS 1041 - Computer Applications - Math/Science (1) F, SP
- MA 1113 - College Algebra (3) F, SP, SU
- MA 1123 - Trigonometry and Analytic Geometry (3) F, SP, SU
- PH 1214 - Elementary College Physics I (4, 4) F, SU Offered on demand
- PH 1224 - Elementary College Physics II (4, 4) SP, SU Offered on demand
*Omit CM 1013 , MA 1043 and PH 1013 . BY 1003 is included in specialized subject matter.
Students seeking a teaching endorsement in chemistry may do so by taking CM 1113 , CM 1123 , CM 1211 , CM 1221 , CM 2113 , CM 2123 , CM 2211 , CM 2221 , 3051 and any one of CM 2314 , CM 3613 or CM 3713 .
Chemistry teaching majors have a built-in minor in education and are not required to take another minor.