Jun 21, 2024  
2018-2019 Undergraduate Catalog 
2018-2019 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Chemistry Teaching Major(General Science-Chemistry)

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs of Study

Requirements for Majors


All chemistry majors must take the Major Field Achievement Test in chemistry prior to graduation. This test is a part of CM 4921 .

B.A. or B.S. degree program

General education required of secondary and K-12 teacher education students.*

See the Department of Education  section.

Professional education

Specialized professional education


*Omit CM 1013 , MA 1043  and PH 1013 . BY 1003  is included in specialized subject matter.

Students seeking a teaching endorsement in chemistry may do so by taking CM 1113 , CM 1123 , CM 1211 , CM 1221 , CM 2113 , CM 2123 , CM 2211 , CM 2221 , 3051 and any one of CM 2314 , CM 3613  or CM 3713 .

Chemistry teaching majors have a built-in minor in education and are not required to take another minor.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs of Study