Dec 08, 2023
Business Core (52 hours*) and Other Required Courses for B.B.A. Degree
All majors in the B.B.A. degree must complete the following courses:
- AC 2503 - Financial Accounting (3) F, SP, SU
- AC 2513 - Managerial Accounting (3) F, SP, SU
- BA 2503 - Introduction to Analytics (3) F, SP, SU
- BA 2601 - Connect to a Successful Career (1)
- BA 3703 - Business Communication (3) F, SP
- BA 3803 - Business Values (3) F, SP, SU
- BA 4303 - Solving Business Problems (3)
- BA 4503 - Business Strategy (3) F, SP, SU
- BA 4813 - Data Driven Decision Making (3) SP
- MA 2183 - Elementary Statistics (3) F, SP, SU
- EC 2403 - Principles of Macroeconomics (3) F, SP, SU
- EC 2413 - Principles of Microeconomics (3) F, SP, SU
- ENT 2503 - An Introduction to Business (3) F, SP
- FI 3503 - Principles of Finance (3) F, SP, SU
- MK 3503 - Principles of Marketing (3) F, SP, SU
- MG 3503 - Leading and Managing People (3) F, SP, SU
- MG 3613 - Legal Aspects of Business I (3) F, SP, SU
- OSCM 3503 - Operations and Supply Chain Management (3) F, SP, SU
Select three hours from the following international courses:
Students select one course from the list given below:
Select three hours from the following data analytics courses:
Students select one of the courses listed below:
* There are 52 hours in the business core, which excludes EC 2403 and MA 2183 that are included in the general education requirements.
Additional major hours required: 21
(in addition to the B.B.A. requirements)
Specific Courses Required (15 hours)
Students should take all courses listed:
Accounting electives (6 hours)
Accounting majors interested in accounting analytics are encouraged to take AC 3563 and AC 4023 .
Accounting majors interested in finance are encouraged to take two FI 3000- or FI 4000-level courses (other than FI 3503 ).
Accounting majors interested in law and politics are encouraged to take LJS 3203 plus an additional LJS 3000- or 4000-level course approved by the department chair.
Students complete 6 hours from the following list of courses:
A grade of “C” or higher is required for all upper-division accounting courses included in the major. The course must be re-taken if a grade lower than “C” is received.